MY OPINION ABOUT FASTING

Hi everyone, today has been quite interesting topped up with a conversation that kicked up between myself and some friends. 

I am a firm believer of fasting and prayer but I kick against routine and tradition. It is generally believed that fasting is all about abstaining from food and water for some hours or days but, i am of the opinion that fasting is all about abstaining from your guilty pleasures, consecrating yourself to God and spending time like never before praying, studying the word of God and meditating. It costs most people nothing to fast without food and water because it is a normal routine their bodies are used to. On the other hand, they might be addicted to movies, junks, shopping, alcohol, certain type of food, parting, etc. Deciding to let go of your pleasures for a duration spanning from hours to days to seek God's face through prayers, studying of God's word and meditating to me is fasting. I will not offer unto God that which cost me nothing.

Please do not get me wrong, fasting can be done without food and water but personally i believe it is a period to equally let go of all guilty pleasures. 

Cheers
Dayo

Comments

Popular Posts